Lavu is at the forefront of transforming the way that restaurants are managed through its mobile Point of Sale (mPOS). Lavu provides mobile and cloud-based POS solutions for fine-dining and quick serve restaurants, franchises, bars, coffee shops, pizzerias and food trucks within 80 countries. Our mission is to partner with restaurant owners with the knowledge, solutions, and expertise that accelerate their growth and success, while tailoring innovative solutions that advance the restaurant industry.
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our international development team which would help up to support all phases of development operations including design, development and automation of solutions for site availability, monitoring processes and proficient in managing and deploying AWS services.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be working alongside all DevOps and Engineering team members to improve Lavu’s restaurant platform’s mobile and web applications and infrastructure. This role requires a highly-motivated individual who will be part of the DevOps and Cloud Infrastructure team, responsible for configuration, optimization, documentation, and support of Lavu’s infrastructure and software products, which are hosted in cloud facilities such as AWS, and/or Google Cloud.
Daily Responsibilities / Primary Duties:
- Work with Agile teams across a full stack of development tools and technologies.
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS Cloud resources.
- Design and develop CI/CD pipelines.
- Design cloud infrastructure surrounding secure networking best practices.
- Create and enhance dynamic monitoring and alerting solutions using industry leading services.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Solid understanding of Linux OS (CentOS, Ubuntu) with strong scripting skills.
- Experience of AWS in a production system.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
- Experience with source control management tools (Git preferred).
- Experience with Docker containerization and orchestration with Kubernetes.
- Experience configuring and running CI platforms using tools like Jira/Bamboo/BitBucket.
- Experience with monitoring tools like CloudWatch/Prometheus/Nagios/ELK/EFK/NewRelic.
- Experience of working in Scrum / Agile environment.
- Good understanding of networking concepts (load balancers, routers, HTTP).
- Insight into database architecture in NoSQL (MongoDB) and RDBMS (MySQL).
- Configuration Management tooling (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt).
- Proven experience of automating and deploying software to production.
- Ability to work as part of a team (but take individual ownership and responsibility).
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and micro-services.
- Ability to troubleshoot and tune application and database performance.
- Must be able to embrace and adapt to frequent constant change both in technology and project scope.
- Restaurant experience a plus.
Additional Information: If you’ve got vision, drive, and a roll-up your sleeves attitude, you’ll fit right in. We’re self-starters who are passionate and enthusiastic about we do. Our culture is high output and low drama—doing great work, constantly improving and celebrating our success. Ask around, you’ll find that many people want to be part of a team like ours. The Lavu team is inventing new technology solutions that are both elegant and scalable, and if that fires you up, get in touch with us.