Lavu is at the forefront of transforming the way that restaurants are managed through its mobile Point of Sale (mPOS). Lavu provides mobile and cloud-based POS solutions for fine-dining and quick serve restaurants, franchises, bars, coffee shops, pizzerias and food trucks within 80 countries. Our mission is to partner with restaurant owners with the knowledge, solutions, and expertise that accelerate their growth and success, while tailoring innovative solutions that advance the restaurant industry.
Accounts Receivable Assistant at MenuDrive are motivated individuals with proven experience and success within the account executive/management role.
We’re looking for an AR Assistant who is responsible for ensuring the correct accounting of Accounts Receivables and related Cash, Allowance, and Bad Debt accounts. Also responsible for monitoring and reporting AR Balances, AR Aging, and potential collection issues.
Duties: All duties performed will be done accurately and promptly, and include:
- Oversight and management of the day-to-day workflow of all accounts receivable accounting, reporting, and approvals.
- Establish an “Allowance for Bad Debt” and on a quarterly basis review the adequacy of the Allowance for routine write-offs and recommend changes to the Controller for approval prior to Quarter-End.
- Ensure AR Month-End Reporting is available by Month-End: AR Aging and Rollforward Reporting by EOD Day 1 of Close, Summary Billing System Write-offs by type at Month-End & Approval of any direct “Write-off’s” by management.
- Review and post AR-related journals ensuring all billings, payments, chargebacks, and write- off’s are accurately recorded into the GL by month-end, including Reconciliation of:
- Cash Receipts at Bank to Billing System Collections, Actual routine Write-Offs from Subsystem to the Allowance & Direct Write-offs to AR Write-offs.
- Prepare all AR schedules for monthly Balance Sheet review and Annual Audit.
- Produce all AR-related reporting including AR Aging, DSO, and Analysis on a bi-weekly basis.
- Maintain accurate and complete files/documentation in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Communicates in a clear and understandable manner using appropriate verbal and/or written manner.
- Actively participates in departmental activities to improve training methods and achieve company goals.
- Assists with one-on-one training and coaching sessions as assigned.
- Attends required meetings and participates as a committee member as requested.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in Accounting.
- AR Accounting Exposure.
- Strong Excel Skill Set.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional Information: If you’ve got vision, drive, and a roll-up your sleeves attitude, you’ll fit right in. We’re self-starters who are passionate and enthusiastic about we do. Our culture is high output and low drama—doing great work, constantly improving and celebrating our success. Ask around, you’ll find that many people want to be part of a team like ours. The Lavu team is inventing new technology solutions that are both elegant and scalable, and if that fires you up, get in touch with us.